Sunday, August 17, 2008

It had to be Done

Today, I had to leave my place in the UVa Cavalier Marching Band.
It was, without a doubt, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
But my place is needed at home, as Dad approaches surgery.
I'm pretty sure it was more than the weight of my bags that I left with this morning.
I know this is what I have to do... but I hope that after surgery, he'll recover quickly, and I'll be able to go back to the family I belong to.
I'm sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone... but this morning, I left discreetly, hoping my absence would go unnoticed, and that I'd be back tonight... which will not be happening...for now.

I've never felt so completely torn apart.

I guess this is what I get for not looking forward to bandcamp.
I'm such a fool.

No comments: