Monday, July 21, 2008

Full Length Tale of my holyshitthatsalongwaytodriveforthefirsttimeomgomgilovethetitlewtfnomoresongshanakedpeople Day

Alrighty.
As promised, my writing of my adventures from yesterday’s awesome day begins.
and uhh, sorry its so long.
i wanted to remember everything.

Kyle got to my house around 3pm, and we decided to leave the house at 3:15. It was interestingly boring at first. We talked for awhile as I cruised the roads I knew. After finally making it I-95, about an hour and a half into the ride, we stopped to top off the gas…. Only $12 dollars worth.

Oh darn :P

And then we had a quick meal at KFC lol.
Random

Anyway, after 30+ minutes of dilly dally, we got back on 95. It was a pain. Lots of fast people. Can’t say I was the slowest.
otherwise, No problems from there.

Got to the community Center and I was instantly relieved.
Dad and I had been nervous about the car and such, and guess what. The center… was next to a church.
Lmao. No comment needed.

Anyway, I found a parking spot, and whatev. We went in the wrong building at first, but that was an okay mistake. Because when we walked toward the right building, who was standing outside? A handful of people, including some Title members!
I walked up the ramp, Nick saw me, and was like “WHOA! Heyyy!” :P And he started kinda half walking towards me, so I just kinda said “That’s all? It’s been months, and that’s the best you can do?”So he walked up to me and gave me a hug, and we talked for 2 seconds, and then he directed us where to get tickets, and so we said our “see you inside”.
So Kyle and I walked around to the ticket area and paid. Then went inside and sat down near the Title’s merch table [and I seriously didn’t realize this until after we sat down :P] and listened to the remainder of the band “Unprecedented”. They were really good, and did an excellent cover of a Blink 182 song.
It was amazing.

And during one of the songs, Mike D., the guitarist for TT, came over and GAVE ME MY SIGNED SHIRT! Yaaaay lol. He said he was sorry for it taking so long, and all I could think to say, in my excitement, was that it was even better to get it personally, and that’s true.

After Unprecedented finished, I went up to the Title’s merch table and decided to buy the new CD and the Acoustic CD. And in my endeavor to do this, I made a new friend. Matt from “All for Love Apparel”. He was there with the Title, and so he was the one helping to sell stuff, and we got to talking, including him trying to get me to buy a bag. Lol. And I quote “they’re awesooome, you really shooould.”

Anyway, after that, some people that were sitting in couches up front got up to go outside or something, so Kyle and I took the opportunity, and relocated to the upfront and personal area nearest the stage. And during the break, Matt ended up coming in from outside, and in an attempt to get me to buy a bag, we started talking for about… eh, 5 minutes.
About 5 minutes later, Nick walked in from outside, and told me “we’re going on next.”

So…
I got my camera ready to start filming, and people started to gather, so I got up and stood right up front, up close and personal with Austin and Nick and Mike [he moved a little bit]…. And the pretty, black speakers.

Let’s just say I couldn’t hear out my right ear for a while.

So I recorded everything except “Where you are”, which I already regret, but… what can I say? I wanted to really get into it, and I had a video of it :P [but due to my almost immediate regret, I recorded the rest, no matter what they were :P]

It was amazing.
With Nick’s/Mike E.’s 2 little sisters sitting up front and center of Nick, I was so glad to hear them perform more than 3 songs :D I was sad that it ended when it did… even though it was like half an hour… but if you ask me, they could have played all day long, and I wouldn’t have stopped listening. Not once.

Anyway, after they were done, I went back to the merch table and decided… eh, why not. I went over, where Matt was, and now joined by John N00b [whom I knew from the first time I saw the Title], and I bought another shirt :P and a bag… couldn’t help it. Matt sold it so well lol. It was a $20 buy… but…

I told Matt as I handed the money over that “I put in a little extra” and he smiled and said they appreciated, and he opened up the $20 I had wrapped…
and…

I had given them $30.

I hope this goes over the right way, but I felt a sense of good when I saw this eyes widen, and I don’t mean that in a creepy way… just in a “whoa” way. Like last time, they couldn’t do more than say “are you sure?” But, I really wanted them to have it. I wouldn’t let them NOT. [plus, unlike last time, this time I was ACTUALLY giving more, but last time I didn’t realize I was only giving like…. A dollar more. :/]

After that, we all started talking again, including me allegedly stealing all the “all for love” stickers :P. We talked for a good while, and in that time, I managed to get a few pictures with Matt, and when Nick came over, I managed pictures with him too. They were definitely funny and even more fun to pose for lmao.
After that, Nick and I talked about the tour and a few other things for a short while. Which I was glad for. Always helps for people who are attempting to be friends through limited personal talking to actually… talk.

Anyway, Kyle and I then went outside for a while. It was REAAAAAALLY hot in there.
We talked on the stairs for awhile, while listening to the group “Lauren D’aria”. Lauren can REALLY sing. She, too, was amazing. [so amazing, we went back in for her last song]
Well, it came to be 9:15, and with a 3 hour ride ahead, we really had to go. So I went to say goodbye to Matt and John, gaining the 3rd or 4th hug from Matt, and a little more conversation, and wishings of safe trips and hoping no more nakedness on the bandvan LMAO.

We went outside then through the door and ramp in which I saw Nick initially when we got there, and they were all out back skateboarding and just… havin a good time. So we passed, me being the dumb nervous one, and went to the car. Then back to pass again, and finally around to say my goodbyes. I got to meet Nick and Mike’s mom and get introduced to the sisters as well. That was exciting. Austin, Mike D., Nick and I talked for about 2 minutes [and Mike E. passed through with an Irishish accent to say “’Ello, ‘ello. that’s me mom”… excuse me, I mean Mum. :P]
Finally, after getting a goodbye hug from Nick and a handshake from his mom, we left.
The drive home was fun, with a nice stop at Sheetz for MTO stuffs, yum.

And in closing….
That was my first looong, out of state road trip.
And I don’t think it could have been for a better reason.
Another unforgettable show, unforgettable people, and unforgettable memories.


I love the Title <3

No comments: